Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest run a range of accredited courses for adults who are experiencing, or who have experienced, poor mental health
We know that having a mental health condition can make it difficult to gain qualifications, and we believe everyone should have the opportunity to reach their full potential and achieve their goals
You can find out more about the courses we have on offer below, and enrol in one of our courses. If you need additional support for your mental health you can find out more about our wellbeing groups and register for support.
Fill in a referral form here
What courses can I enrol in?
- English and sewing Entry Level 2 RARPA – For those with a basic knowledge of English, who want to improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Functional Skills English E2– For those who have completed Entry Level 2 RARPA award in Term 1 and want to work towards Entry 2FS English award
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- ESOL Entry Level 1 – For those who want to gain basic speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- ESOL Entry Level 2 – For those who want to gain intermediate speaking and listening skills
- Essential Digital Skills Entry Level 3 – An introduction to computer basics. We cover topics including word processing, the internet and email
- Essential Digital Skills Level 1 – For those who have completed an ICT Entry Level 3 award. We cover topics including website software, presentations software and word processing
- OCR ICT Level 2 – For those who have completed an ICT Level 1 award. We cover topics including word processing, presentation software and outlook
Am I eligible to enrol in a course?
To enrol in one of the above courses you must be:
- Aged 18 or over
- A resident in Hackney
- Experiencing a mental health condition, or have experienced one in the past
How can I enrol in an education course?
To enrol in one of our courses, please fill in the referral form below