What is it?
Mind CHWF’s accredited Adult Education Service supports people experiencing or who have previously experienced a mental health condition through a range of classes and courses in English, Maths, and Computing.
With new COVID-19 measures in place, we’re now running classes for up to four students at a time and ask that everyone taking part brings a face mask and follows the COVID-19 precautions of Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest.
At the moment, we offer accredited courses in:
- English Entry Level 2 RARPA- For those with a basic knowledge of English and want to improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Functional Skills English E2- For those who have completed Entry Level 2 RARPA award in Term 1 and want to work towards Entry 2FS English award.
- English Entry Level 3 RARPA- For those who have completed Functional Skills English E2 award.
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- ESOL Entry Level 1- For those who want to gain basic speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- ESOL Entry Level 2- For those who want to gain intermediate speaking and listening skills.
- English My Way- For those with little or no knowledge of English.
- Edexcel Functional Maths 1- For those with a basic knowledge of maths. We cover topics including percentages, fractions, ratios, conversions and producing charts.
- Edexcel Functional Maths E2/E3- For those with basic maths skills and want help managing with the demands of everyday life.
- OCR ICT Entry Level 3- An introduction to computer basics. We cover topics including word processing, internet and email.
- OCR ICT Level 1- For those who have completed an ICT Entry Level 3 award. We cover topics including website software, presentations software and word processing.
- OCR ICT Level 2- For those who have completed an ICT Level 1 award. We cover topics including word processing, presentation software and outlook.
Who is it for?
Courses run by our accredited Adult Education Service are for those who are:
- 18 or over.
- Live in Hackney.
- Experiencing or have previously experienced a mental health condition.
How to get it
To join us for one of our above classes, email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0208 985 4239.
To make an online referral, please click here.