We’ve all experienced stress, anxiety, or feeling down. Sometimes these feelings can become so intense that they affect our day-to-day lives, and can even stop us from living our lives as fully as we want to
Therapy can give you a safe time and space to learn more about your thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. It can also help to make sense of things and learn more about yourself. Our general, African and Caribbean, and LGBTQ+ support has been designed to make therapy accessible for people from diverse backgrounds. Read below to find out more about our service and eligibility criteria
Our therapy service is in high demand, and there may be long waiting times for individual therapy. We recommend that you access one of our wellbeing groups designed to help you with stress, anxiety, and low mood, while you are on the wait list for one-to-one therapy.
Fill in a referral form here
What kind of therapy can I get?
Once you fill in a referral form, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your goals, thoughts and feelings. Based off of this conversation you will be offered either group or one-to-one support, or both. The support you receive could focus on:
- Reducing feelings of anxiety, stress and low mood
- Becoming more self-aware, so you can better manage your wellbeing
- Improving your resilience, so when you have difficult life events or stress, you are able to ‘bounce back’
- Addressing anger and difficult emotions
- Support for members of the African and Caribbean community, to address issues around racial trauma, to connect with your culture and be supported in a safe environment
- Support for LGBTQ+ people, to combat any feelings of guilt or shame and build a sense of community
Am I eligible to receive therapy?
You can receive free therapeutic support as long as you are:
- Aged 18 or over
- Are Registered with a GP in either the City of London, Hackney or with a GP at Hand
- Complete a 20 minute screening and meet our eligibility criteria
How can I get therapy
Please remember that access to therapy is very limited and in high demand. We recommend accessing our wellbeing groups for anxiety, stress and low mood while you are on the waiting list for individual therapy
To fill in a referral form for therapy, please fill in the form below