Mind in the City, Hackney, and Waltham Forest is offering free, online suicide prevention training to those working with vulnerable people, or anyone who is interested in learning more about suicide prevention
These two-hour training sessions are designed to help reduce the number of suicides occurring in the community. You can find out more about the content of our suicide prevention training below, and upcoming dates for training:
- 12th December 2023 14:00-16:00
- 18 January 2024 14:00-16:00
- 01 February 2024 14:00-16:00
- 06 March 2024 10:00-12:00
Together we can all help to reduce the risk of suicide.
Fill in a referral form here
What will I learn from attending suicide prevention training?
In this two-hour session we will create an open and supportive space for you to gain the following:
- An increased understanding of the risk factors of suicide
- Improved confidence to support someone who is suicidal
- Practical skills, such as the ability to signpost a suicidal person to local organisations who can give them further support
Am I eligible to attend suicide awareness training?
To register and attend our online suicide awareness training, you must be:
- Aged 18 or over
- A resident of the City of London, Hackney, Waltham Forest, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Havering, Redbridge or Barking and Dagenham
- Have access to Zoom to be able to attend the session
How can I access suicide awareness training?
If you’d like to attend one of our suicide awareness sessions, please register below for one of our upcoming sessions on
- 11th October 2023 – 2 pm – 4 pm
- 14th November 2023 – 2 pm – 4 pm
- 12th December 2023 – 2 pm – 4 pm