We know that people who identify as LGBTQ+ are more likely to experience poor mental health, feelings of shame, and low self-esteem
Rainbow Mind is a mental health service that addresses these feelings and champions LGBTQ+ mental health – providing a safe and non-judgmental environment for you to connect with others and explore your feelings
This service is delivered in collaboration by Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest and Mind in Salford – you can find out more about the services on offer and which location they are available in below.
Fill in a referral form here
What Support can I get from Rainbow Mind?
Rainbow Mind offers courses, workshops, and one-to-one support for LGBTQ+ people, such as:
- Support to reduce feelings of anxiety, stress and low mood through group and one-to-one sessions
- One-to-one therapy with an LGBTQ+ therapist
- Online Radical Self-care courses, to explore the impact of internalised shame and LGBTQ+ negativity. You will work to improve your self-acceptance, self-care and self-worth
What Kind of support can I get online from Rainbow Mind?
The Rainbow Room
The Rainbow Room is a fortnightly, online drop-in session for LGBTQ+ people aged 17-24. It’s open to anyone in the UK and is a safe space to share and connect
The gathering is a monthly, online drop-in session for LGBTQ+ people of any age. It’s open to anyone in the UK and is a safe space to connect and discuss the challenges of life and our shared experiences
Am I eligible to get support from Rainbow Mind?
Rainbow Mind is open to anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+ or who is experiencing sexual or relationship diversity of any form. The kind of support you can access is dependent on where you live:
- Group and one-to-one sessions for stress, anxiety and low mood are available for residents of the City of London and Hackney
- One-to-one therapy is available to residents of the City of London, Hackney and Salford
- Online radical self-care, The Rainbow Room, and The Gathering is available to all UK residents
How can I get support from Rainbow Mind?
If you’d like to get support from Rainbow Mind, fill in the referral form below