Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest have a dedicated team of employment advisers to help you search for, secure and keep a job
When you register to receive support from our employment service you’ll be assigned an employment advisor who will work with you to overcome any barriers you might be facing. They can help you with narrowing down your job search, tailoring your CV, improving your skillset, or disclosing your mental health condition to your employer.
Fill in a referral form here
What support can I get to help me find or keep a job?
Our employment service offers pre-employment support, to help you:
- Build upon your skillset to make you more employable
- Increase your confidence so that you’re ready for job interviews
- Have an up to date and well-written CV
What support can I get if I am in employment?
It can be difficult to find time to look after your mental health and wellbeing when you’re working and the stress of work can make these feelings worse
If you’re in employment, you’re still eligible to receive support from our employment advisors and they can help you with:
- Providing one-to-one support for stress management
- Improving your communication tactics
- Mindfulness techniques to improve your wellbeing
- Learning techniques to regulate your emotions in the workplace
- Negotiating reasonable adjustments in the workplace
What support can I get if my mental health is putting me at risk of losing my job?
If you’re concerned about losing your job as a result of your mental health, our team can help with the following:
- Supporting you to negotiate reasonable adjustments in the workplace to help retain your job
- Making you aware of your legal rights in the workplace
Am I eligible to get employment support?
Our employment support is completely free and you can self-refer for help regardless of your employment status, as long as you are:
- Aged over 18
- A resident of either Hackney or Waltham Forest
How can I access this service?
If you need help finding or keeping a job, please get in touch by filling in the referral form below