Coping with the loss of a loved one is always difficult, and losing someone to suicide can make grief even more confusing and difficult to navigate. You’ll probably experience shock, and denial, and you might even feel guilt – blaming yourself for missing the signs of suicidal behaviour. That’s where Grief in Pieces comes in
Grief in Pieces is part of Safe Connections, a project to help support anyone affected by suicide in the North East London boroughs of London. This service has been designed for and by people who have been bereaved by suicide, to help you navigate the healing and coping process in a safe and confidential environment.
Fill in a referral form here
I've experienced a loss by suicide, how can you help me?
If you’ve experienced a loss by suicide we can provide you with the following help:
- Immediate practical and emotional support in the aftermath of a recent suicide loss
- A confidential and safe environment to share your experience with others
- A healing group, run by a therapist and someone with lived experience of suicide loss
- Short group sessions to help you focus on coping or on anger and difficult emotions
- One-to-one therapy
- Ongoing support and information about suicide loss, preparing for the inquest, how to support families and children and other relevant services.
Am I eligible for this service?
Our suicide bereavement support is free, confidential and non-judgemental. You can refer yourself for support using the button below, as long as you are:
- Aged 18 and over
- Live in the City of London, Hackney, Waltham Forest, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- Seeking support for suicide loss