Volunteer Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
Want to make a difference in 2019? Join our team and help support people living with mental health problems!
Start date: Immediately
Hours: 7.5 days per week (Thursday or Friday) or 15 hours per week (Thursday and Friday)
Overview: You’ll be supporting our Central Services Team by providing a central reception function, welcoming clients and visitors and answering telephones. You will also provide administrative and facilities support to the organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Provide reception cover and a welcoming environment for clients and visitors.
- Deal with initial enquiries from service users, the public and other professionals and/or refer on to other projects/organisations as appropriate.
- Keep the reception area tidy and organised, notice boards up to date and leaflets restocked.
- Receive and return telephone calls to clients, staff and volunteers within the organisation.
- To make sure that all messages, cancellations and confirmations are recorded and passed on to the relevant member of staff or manager, as appropriate.
- Ensure that central filing systems are maintained.
- Organise and undertake mail outs as and when
- Liaise effectively with all staff within the organisation.
- Support the administration of the meeting room booking system within the organisation, keeping track of room allocations.
- Ensure that incoming post is distributed efficiently, and outgoing mail is delivered to the post box.
- Assist in ordering stationery and office supplies (e.g. tea, coffee, refreshments for meetings, stocks for First Aid box) in accordance with current systems.
- Assist in processing, recording and distributing staff and volunteer ID badges.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Good communication and organisational skills
- IT Skills (able to use Word and Excel)
- Good organisational skills
- Enjoy being part of a team
- An interest in mental health issues and a respect for the views and experiences of service users.
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience of reception and administration
- Work with a variety of people
What support will you be given?
- Travel and lunch expenses
- Supervision and support from the Central Services Team
If you want to know more about the role and how to become part of our Team, please send us an expression of interest to HR.Team@mindchwf.org.uk or call Chanel Smith, our Facilities Coordinator on 020 8985 4239