Salary: P01-SP36, £36, 487 (including London weighting) Pro-rata
Hours: Part-time, 3 days per week, 22.5 days, Mondays, Wednesdays and another day.
Reporting to: Director of Psychological Therapies and Wellbeing Services
Responsible for: Psychological Therapies Practitioners.
Contract: 9th March 2020-31st March 2021.
- To hold responsibility for the clinical management of the Psychological Therapies Department and Wellbeing Services, including line management of clinical staff, processes, procedures and policy
- To ensure high quality service delivery in line with good practice and professional requirements
- To monitor and evaluate outcomes and establish relevant processes where necessary
- To support, motivate and performance manage staff
- To work closely with the Director of Psychological Therapies, the Assistant Clinical Services Manager and the Operations Manager to ensure appropriate clinical services
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & MAIN TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- To develop and manage clinical policies and procedures in consultation with the Assistant Clinical Services Manager, Operational Manager and Director of Psychological Therapies and ensure safe and smooth running of the projects.
- Ensure that the projects identify, draw-up and adhere to best practice guidance and clinical guidelines.
- Provide a psychological therapy service for clients across Mind’s services, including assessment, intervention, risk management and referral on to other mental health services as appropriate to need.
- Provide training, supervision, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to the formulation and treatment of individual patients, including in other teams in the organisation.
- To manage a caseload of clients for one to one fixed-term therapy and time limited group delivery.
- To apply data protection, confidentiality, safeguarding, the organisation’s lone working policy and risk management, and all professional codes of ethics.
- Undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual clients as appropriate.
- Hold responsibility for safeguarding within the organisation.
- To provide regular support and line management supervision for Psychological Therapies practitioners and sessional staff.
- To be responsible for performance matters, including time management, targets, and disciplinary and grievance matters concerning project staff.
- To support and organise recruitment of staff for the projects in collaboration with the Director of Psychological Therapies.
- To manage required changes in working roles in line with identified needs.
- To ensure that eligibility, referral routes, assessments, and service delivery are all managed in a transparent and timely manner, and this is evidenced.
- To identify staff training needs, and organise team and individual staff training.
- FINANCE and BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- To monitor and evidence handling of donations and contributions. To instil an ethos of efficiency saving within the teams
- To minimise expenditure on sessional staff through maximising core staff outputs and effective management
- To help fundraise for services in conjunction with line manager
- SERVICE DELIVERY
- To have responsibility over clinical allocations and to ensure those accessing the projects meet appropriate criteria. To consult on multidisciplinary service support plans to ensure effective and efficient clinical practice.
- To deliver group and 1:1 clinical interventions across contracts.
- To ensure a high standard of service delivery to the project’s users by:
- a) Ensuring that recording systems on clients are high quality, kept up to date, and that internal communications are adhering to confidentiality principles.
- b) Ensuring that internal policies and decisions made by the team regarding clinical matters are observed and followed through. To develop internal policies wherever necessary, with support.
- c) Ensuring appropriate clinical supervision arrangements are in place for staff.
- d) Working effectively and transparently with the Director of Psychological Therapies on all clinical matters and needs.
- e) Oversee staff health and safety including lone working, risk assessment, and regular environment checks are carried out.
- f) Monitor the views of clients regarding the effectiveness and quality of the psychological therapies services and support implementation of actions based on the feedback.
- LIAISON WITH OUTSIDE AGENCIES
- To represent Mind CHWF to external bodies as required
- To be responsible for ensuring Mind CHWF Policies and Procedures are adhered to in all aspects of the project’s work
- To carry out any other tasks commensurate with the post
- To work within all Mind CHWF polices g. Confidentiality, Equal opportunities, Health & Safety and all other relevant policies.
- To attend and participate at relevant staff meetings, team meetings and other related meetings as and when
- To attend and participate in identified individual training and staff team training.
- To attend regular supervision with line manager and clinical supervision.
Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We are a disability confident employer. All applicants with a disability, who meet the minimum essential short-listing criteria are guaranteed an interview. If this applies to you, please email us the attached equal opportunities form to the HR Team.
We at Mind CHWF want to assure you that your privacy and the security of your data is our top priority. It always has been, and it will continue to be, as we refine our policies and internal processes. Please take a moment to read through our applicant’s privacy notice.